Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem provides accommodation for all foreign students at dormitories “Koleje Klíše”.
The dormitory is divided into four buildings - K1, 2 (connected by elevator), K3 and K6. Most of the international students are living at K1, 2. Every room is divided into two others rooms, every for two persons. Two rooms (4 people) have the same entrance, shared bathroom, and toilet, the kitchen is shared for whole floor (only K3 has a kitchen in every room).
The price is about 3 000 CZK per month and you have to pay approx. 10 000 CZK after your arrival (includes rent for three months and deposit).
You can use trolley buses no. 52, 58, 59 or buses no. 17, 27 to go to the station “Klíše lázně”. The dormitories are about 15 min by bus from the center and 5 min walking to the university.
Accommodated students have to:
- Show your student card whenever entering the hall of the dormitory.
- Keep your rooms clean.
- Keep the shared kitchen clean.
- Behave themselves considerately to other keeping the silent hours. Some people do actually call the police when they are disturbed by noise from any room or from the corridor!
Accommodated students are not allowed to:
- Move to another room without permission of accommodation office
- Have pets in their rooms.
- Smoke in the dormitories. There are smoke sensors, you could activate an alarm.
Paying the rent
The rent for accommodation in student rooms is to be paid in cash or by a credit card in the accommodation office in the lobby of K1 dormitory on the day 15th of the previous month (15th March you have to pay for April, 15th April for May etc.). It is also possible to pay the rent in advance for several months or for a whole stay. It is essential to pay the rent in time to avoid any penalty fees!